Company: Decorating and Coating Applications, LLC
Department: Industrial Painting
Location: Norcross, GA
Hiring Manager: Alma Izaguirre
Closing Date: 1/15/2017
Job Type: Full-Time
Decorating and Coating Applications, LLC is seeking 1 Cost Estimator to join our team.
1. Develop accurate forecast of the cost, size, and duration of future projects. Develop conceptual cost
estimates from preliminary planning documents, price alternatives and options, and offer opinions of
probable cost for different phasing scenarios that may be discussed.
2. Collect and analyze data on all of the factors that can affect costs, such as materials, labor, location,
duration of the project, and special machinery requirements. Prepare conceptual and comparative cost
study estimates from preliminary sketches.
3. Prepare and/or reviews engineer’s estimate.
4. Prepare detailed breakdown of components and elements of estimates for systems and subsystems.
5. Develop detailed cost estimates from the engineering drawings; proactively identify deficiencies
and/or questions; and actively assist the project team toward the answers.
6. Analyze and compile estimate data that impact the cost of labor, materials, equipment.
7. Participate in pre-bidding decision making efforts. Participate in pre-bid meetings.
8. Prepare and review material take offs from planning documents or engineering drawings. Prepare
estimate of the materials, labor, subcontractors and equipment required to perform the scope of work.
9. Build, update, track and manage project budgets; cost control/change orders and submittal.
10. Seek out bid opportunities; network with customers, vendors, and engineers.
11. Compare and analyze competitive subcontractor and supplier bids, review quotes and estimates
with the Project Management team.
12. Prepare estimates by applying unit rates for man hours, labor dollars, material dollars, and
construction equipment dollars and all-in unit cost determination, calculating extensions and the
application of standard factors, overhead rates and fees.
13. Prepare documentation using standard estimating forms, filling in dimensions, numbers of units, and
other information. Accumulates, evaluates and documents historical cost data for the development of
14. Turnover bid information to project management and continue interaction with management
throughout project completion, providing clarity/input when required
15. Proactively establish a routine reporting cycle that clearly communicates when an estimate changes
16. Review contract documents and contract modifications to determine scope of work and equitable
cost allowance for scope changes.
17. Manage bid board and update bid log.
1. Bachelor’s Degree in Construction Management, Civil Engineering.
2. 24 months of progressive work experiences in Project Management or Cost Estimating.
1. Education and/or experience in PlanSwift, On-Screen Takeoff, AutoCAD, Microsoft Project software.
2. Participate in pre-bid meetings and project walk through in Atlanta Area; 0 to 5 times/month.
Compensation & Benefits
$40,000.00 – $80,000.00 per year. This position is eligible for a full benefit package including medical,
dental, vision, life insurance, paid time off, holiday.
Mail your resume to 6550 McDonough Dr., Norcross, GA 30093.
“Decorating and Coating Applications, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer with an Affirmative Action
Plan. Women, Minorities, Veterans and Disabled Persons are encouraged to apply.”